We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

May 30, 2007

The View From New York


The View From New York
Originally uploaded by Ink Spots
This is the view I'll be looking at tomorrow night. For now I am sitting in the chaos of packing a family of three. If the picture isn't obvious we are heading to New York. I have my 15th high school reunion this weekend and then we are off to explore Vermont towns as future homes.

The trip is going to be exciting but right now I am too caught up in the realities of packing for thirteen days and the idea of sitting on the plane for three hours with a squirming child.

That's not completely true. I am especially looking forward to Friday when Alder and I have the day to ourselves in New York (Kevin isn't showing up until Sunday). With no friends or family scheduled wee can go on an adventure of some sort. I think it might involve the ocean.

As for the reunion I have no idea what to expect. It is a random group of people from my class who are coming, none who I have seen since a college. We were a small graduating class and all got along pretty well. Now we have kids and jobs it should be interesting.

I should get back to packing....

No comments: