We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

May 22, 2007

My First Business Meeting

No I am not going to bore you with what it was about. I'm just surprised how good it felt to be out in the world doing something "legitimate" where the topic of conversation never once landed on children. Where I could ask questions without being looked at as a mom asking them.

Before Alder was born a lot of my work revolved around educational philosophy and logistics, now I am usually focused on what we can do for the day that interests both of us. I have left the cerebral world for the tangible one and I really like the change. Even in my writing my focus is on life and the world around us not theory. But some days I miss the debate, the research, the synthesis of ideas.

Today I got to stretch some of those muscles for a little while.

No comments: