We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

May 14, 2007

A too much in the brain list.

1) Kevin took a part time job raft guiding in Salida so we will be going down there for three or four days a week through August. A good thing.
a) We get out of the Denver heat.
b) Extra income is always good.
c) Kevin loves to guide.
d) Alder gets to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa before we move.

2) We decided that we would move forward our move until September. A good thing.
a) Roads are less crowded.
b) Kevin can have a few more weeks to study for national boards.
c) More time to get everything done after my business trip.
d) Cooler weather for driving (in theory).

3) Alder now turns around before going down stairs. A very very good thing.

4) My back has now been hurting for over a month. A bad thing.
a) I can hardly lift Alder by the afternoon.
b) No hiking without Kevin to carry babe.
c) I don't fall asleep well.
d) I'm cranky because I haven't slept well.
e) Kevin says I'm moving like a 90 year old.

5) I am going to start Yoga. A good thing.
a) My back will feel better.
b) My mind will slow down.
c) My hamstrings will stretch out.
d) I can go back to being a 33 year old.

6) I am starting to sell the older baby stuff we don't need on Craigslist. A good thing.
a) Less junk in the house.
b) A little cash in hand.

7) We are leaving in less than 3 weeks for our visit out east. A mixed thing.
a) There is a lot to get done before then.
b) I can't wait to see everyone.

8) We have to start a five month calendar so we don't forget anything. A mixed thing.
a) The summer is usually for last minute get togethers.
b) We might actually get everything done by September.

No comments: