We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Sep 6, 2007

Words

Have you ever felt like your tongue is dripping with words? It happens to me occasionally after reading something especially well written that just makes me want to write my own description of the world around me down. Unfortunately when ever I feel this way and I sit down at the computer the words run off. This is part of the reason that we have given the computer it's own little nook and my studio has an art table and a writing table. The key word there is writting, not typing. I find words more easily with blue ink and yellow paper than in personal keys. Of course I can still manage to throw out these little pieces, but they are the exception. So for now I will have to hold words like chrysalis in my mouth enjoying them until my desk is cleared.

A few of the words in my mouth right now:

chrysalis
wash (as in down by the wash)
newness
eggplant
consider

No comments: