We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Sep 17, 2007

Camera Dilema What Do You Think?

My camera is broken. It still takes pictures but a day in a bag with a leaky bottle of apple juice has taken it's toll and the lens no longer closes when it is off. So I need to get it fixed, except I can't figure out when I'm willing to part with it there are some many things going on this fall that I want to capture not to mention promises of new england autumn for the in-laws. Of course what I would really prefer is a fairy godmother to swoop down and say "Stacey," with that quivery voice that they all have. "Stacey here is a Nikon D40 or a Rebel XTi for you or somesuch camera"

Unfortunately I do not think I am the candidate for a fairy godmother. Instead I guess I need to spend a week or two with my old pentax, or even kidnap my dad's old conteflex to play with. I do like film camera, I've just gotten so used to being able to take tens of pictures a day. I can't afford to develop hundreds of pictures right now, although it might be worth it for just a few weeks. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Gone said...

If it were me I'd sell something and get a replacement on Ebay. Ours is a Leica with retro styling and J loves taking pics although he swings around my $1500 camera as though it's a toy. ( I bought it to last a lifetime by the way.