We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Sep 21, 2007

Making


What is that?!? Well until late last night that was our pin cushion, a duct taped pile of styrofoam. It was an ugly thing Kevin put together five or six years ago that we used. Then last night as I was cutting squares for Alder's quilt I was inspired to put some together and make this alternative. [Aunt Amanda, if you are reading don't look any further]

Much nicer I think.

But the pin cushion was just the end of the evening. What I spent most of my time last night making (building as Kevin calls it) was this bag for Alder's Aunt Amanda's birthday.

It's just pieces of a failed skirt sewed up with handles and I appliquéd the two leaves, which took longer than the rest of the project. [sorry for the crappy pictures]

I have been loving my few hours in my study/studio every night. I have the space and time to work on what ever I want with a dose of public radio in the background. I haven't had my own space for almost six years. That's one of the best part of this place is that we each have our own room rather than trying to work on top of each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love the bag! I need a new pin cushion too. Yours is cute.
happy crafting :)