We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Aug 8, 2007

A Note on Beige

My dearest family has mentioned repeatedly that I have not been keeping them in photos. That Alder's first year frittered away and they haven't gotten a single print. Then horrors of horrors I didn't put a lot of Alder photos here. Why?

Well this winter was incredibly snowy and this summer incredibly hot so we have been spending a great deal of time in the house. A house of few windows and beige carpet everywhere. I can not stand to look at another photo of my son washed out on beige carpet.

I was just perusing some other blogs where there are lots of engaging pictures of kids it made me feel a bit guilty so I thought I would explain. Lucky for these complaining relatives our new home has wooden floors and plenty of windows.

No comments: