We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Aug 13, 2007

9 Days ...and I turn 34

Since our lives are getting all chaotic and sleepless with this move I am going to do that less than inspiring 34 things about me for my 34th birthday, mainly because it's what I did in the middle of last night trying to get myself back to sleep.

1. My favorite place on earth is the remains of an old broom handle mill in western MA.

2. I am afraid of pigeons ... I touched one I thought was a statue as a child and it flew at me.

3. I have lived in 16 different places in the 11 years that I have lived in Colorado.

4. As a child I would sneak and eat all the spinach before it was time for dinner.

5. When I am stressed I dress all in blue and it makes me very happy.

6. Palisade Peaches (from Palisade Colorado) are my favorite fruit.

7. I can not stand when people start sentences with 'Yeah, no....'

8. I actual like moving and setting up new homes, although someday I would like one of our own.

9. My 'best friend' (for lack of better words) and I have known each other since the first day of Kindergarten, have worked together many times, moved to Colorado together but have never lived together.

10. I love making to do lists, in fact I have a little book just for them.

11. I went tree climbing with my husband on our first date.

12. When I am away from the ocean for too long I miss it like a friend.

13. When I am away from the mountains too long I miss them like part of myself.

14. I was born at 6:36 in the morning and I am still a morning person.

15. I can change my own oil, spark plugs, distributor caps and brakes.

16. I only have a TV for watching DVDs for fourteen years.

17. I love making homemade pasta.

18. I love our Kitchen Aid mixer, I use it almost everyday.

19. I am left-handed.

20. I am moving in 9 days to Vermont.

21. The only time I ever went fishing was in college when my friend and I spent more time reading out loud to each other than catching fish, we did catch a shoe.

22. I learned how to whistle when I was 2 years old.

23. I did not really learn how to spell until I was 23, it just sort of clicked then.

24. I am addicted to the public library.

25. My husband swears that I am addicted to Public Radio.

26. My favorite number is 24.

27. I rather see live music outside at a festival any day.

28. I am an only child raised by a single father from the time I was 12.

29. I have an extended family that is as close to me as if they were my own siblings, my cousins are Uncle Dan and Aunt Amanda to Alder.

30. I have never stolen anything but I have trespassed.

31. I once had a week long romance with a guy who had a motorcycle who I showed all over the Southwest of Colorado from the back of his bike with out a helmet.

32. I love going to Estate Sales not only to find stuff but because I have seen the insides of some of the most amazing homes that way, I always bring a camera.

34. I love that my birthday is during a meteor shower.

That was incredibly self-involved but a lot of fun. Sort of my own little birthday gift to me.

1 comment: