We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Jan 7, 2007

On being a nervous mother tonight

I used to get stressed out the night before I traveled anywhere. I'd stay up all night organizing and doing random stuff. Luckily I got over that when I moved out here and started driving across the country. Except now I have the same nervous energy now that I'm going with Alder. While I'll miss Kevin while I'm gone that isn't what is making me nervous. It's the flight. Three and a half hours in a seat with Alder is a long time. We've practiced a little, we sat for an hour and a half in a chair the other day. But this is tighter and who knows who will be next to us. I'm also worried about his ears on the accent and decent. I know he should be sucking on something which shouldn't be to difficult to get him to do, but what if it isn't enough.

Jeeze! I sound like a nervous mother... oh wait I am one, at least at this moment.

Stacey

No comments: