We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Apr 18, 2007

A Mellow Day

Yawn... What a wonderfully mellow day. I like when Kevin finishes his exams. I slept in (8:30) then went to the knitting store to get help with a lost pattern and find a new one.

I am finally after ten years of knitting going to make myself a sweater. I figure this my be the only time ever knit one for myself that I spent over an hour choosing a pattern and yarn. I ended up in a wool alpaca mix that is very close to the one in the picture. I can't wait to start it but I have to finish Kevin's sweater first. He's sworn that he is going to keep wearing the same fugly orange acrylic thing his mother got him until his is done (we know what I am doing tonight).

Here is the pattern I chose (from Simply Shetland 2), click on the photo to see it larger.



After lunch we all went for a hike on the Homestead Trail that's up near Eldorado Canyon. This week is the best time to hike there as all the apple trees that are along the trail are in bloom. Even though we had a red air day on the front range the hike was fragrant. We stopped for not great burgers for dinner (not that we could afford it) but had a good time talking about life and watching Alder eat his fish, apple, and anything else we gave him.

Our hope is that once we get the business started we can have more days like this.

No comments: