We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Apr 16, 2007

A Kevin Love Fest (because he deserves it)



Just some of the reasons why I love my husband



1. How he lets me sleep when Alder gets up early.

2. His homemade pasta.

3. That he decided to come with us in June to visit towns.

4. His support of me as a writer.

5. The way he writes poems to study.

6. The way he curls his body around mine in his sleep.

7. That he stayed up with me for all 22 hours of labor.

8. That he followed me to "the farm" and whisked me away when it got bad.

9. His love of poetry and wine.

10. How he endures my panics.

11. The way he loves the natural world and marvels at it.

12. How he makes up silly songs on the spot.

13. How graceful he can be.

14. How sometimes he is awkward.

15. How he calms me when I am a torrent.

Some days I just feel honored to know him, let alone have his love.

No comments: