We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Mar 14, 2007

Family and the Tao

I have that warm content feeling right now that comes from spending the day with my family. The day has sort of slipped by for me but it's been a good one. I like Wednesdays a lot, Kevin is home and the pressure for him to study is less than other days. We've eaten two meals together, and he's cooking dinner right now. We took Alder to the playground where he swung, and slid, and played in the sand. And ate remarkably little of his environment. Kevin was going to take him out for one of his studying walks but the poor boy feel asleep within a block. I guess all this stair climbing and crawling really take it out of him.

Thinking back on the day it hasn't just been family time. I've gotten a lot of our business plan written including creating a comparison chart of some of our potential new homes (in terms of business).

I guess this is just one of those days that happens. I just let things occur as needed there was no rushing or arguing. I hate the saying going with the flow but it's somewhat apt right now, too bad it had to be co-opted from the Taoists. I wish I could remember to follow their philosophies more often. Things really do get done more easily if you aren't pushing too hard on the current of life. Yet another thing that Alder is helping me to see and experience.

Yum I hear sizzling in the kitchen I wonder what Kevin's making?

No comments: