We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Feb 15, 2007

Tired

I know I shouldn't be enjoying Alder's moods lately, he hasn't been the happiest kid (remember the perspective here) but his mood of late gives me lots of opportunity to hold him. Things must be changing for him in some way that I don't see because he is needing a lot more physical contact than usual. He still is a laughing smiling kid a lot of the time but now he wants to be held to keep that mood going.

Unfortunately, he is also having a lot of trouble staying asleep for long periods of time. This of course means that neither Kevin or I am getting any sleep either. I hope it isn't all because of the introduction of the crib. Last night he didn't not want to go back to sleep so Kevin played with him for an extra hour (until 11pm). He then fussed for an hour both in my arms, the crib and the bed. Finally on his second trip into the bed he fell asleep.

No comments: