We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Mar 28, 2008

love notes




Keep close to yourself.
In my other words, continue to honor that beautiful creature, you. Every thought, action and project that defines you is worth your time and undoubtedly is right. Again, not the right words but I'm trying to say that you are definitively distilling you. You are so dear.
I love you.

Whose day could not cheer up after receiving that in an email from a dear friend across the country?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless. The note and the friendship :-)

I really appreciate all your posts on your visit with your family and have much I'd love to say but feel so silly leaving a comment since we live 3 minutes from each other! What's your week like next week? I'd love to get together.

Anonymous said...

Is this Abby?

What a lovely note indeed. What an interesting book your friend has written too. Have a great weekend!