We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Mar 1, 2008

Happy March 1st

Never have I had a month so full of reasons to give up. I always forget just what February is like until I am full ensconced in it. I think it's different in Colorado where it's sunny between the snows and fifty degree days pop up regularly. Here in Vermont there's more darkness, more cold, more of a lot of things. This month has been a tough one with thoughts of moving, a dying cat, and few customers (snow keeps people home). But we've made it through somewhat intact.

To celebrate the beginning of March I made nested eggs this morning. It's one of those very cool looking delicious breakfasts that don't take too much effort. Even Alder, who doesn't like eggs, enjoyed the cheesy meringue.

4 comments:

denise said...

Happy March, finally! :) Egg looks yummy!

Trish said...

recipe!!

rev joe said...

how do you make nested eggs? That looks lovely.

dharmamama said...

I know I could google it - but I want *your* recipe! Happy March, indeed. Found your blog through your comment on SouleMama's... it makes me happy! I'm glad you're here!