We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Oct 1, 2007

Sore

Kevin explained to me last night that my body hurt because there are micro-tears in my muscles and they have more lactate acid. In other words I am sore sore sore. Of course I knew I would be sore, I took a 24 mile bike ride yesterday. It was southern Washington County NY's Tour de Farm. It was a great three hour trip around to three different farms whose land is part of the local land trust. Land trust programs like the one in New York State are part of a larger movement, the American Farmland Trust is a good place to learn about it.

Sure I hadn't ridden my bike since July and I've only ever done 17 miles at most, but I made it, and I came in only a half hour after the first riders. So now I am sore sore sore.

On a side note the camera will be back this weekend! Even if it's broken it still takes pictures.

1 comment:

Trish said...

you amaze me. i would be pooped after riding home from work. i still can't make it home from the train station ;)