I don't usually do memes but Camera Shy Momma "tagged" me and it's about books so who can resist.
1. Hardcover or paperback, and why?
Paper back, I always need to have my book portable so I can pull it out if there is a spare moment.
2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it…
Rainy Day Booksellers, and we would have lots of comfy chairs and tea.
3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is…
4. The author (alive or diseased) I would love to have lunch with would be ….
Either Madeline L'engle or Michael Chabon. Of course I would be completely intimidated but in awe.
5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except from the SAS survival guide, it would be…Rooted in the Land because it is not only great but also diverse.
6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that….
would hold my book and turn pages for me as i lay on my bed and eat ice cream.
7. The smell of an old book reminds me of….
reading during the summer as a child, when I spend hours reading what ever I could find around the house or my aunts' house and find a place outside and read only braking for food, swimming and occasional adventures along the stream.
8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be….
I can't choose, as a girl I wanted to be Allana from Tamora Pierce's Song of the Lioness Series. But I could also handle being Rita Female Nomad, traveling the world connecting through food and art, although I'd forgo the divorce.
9. The most overestimated book of all times is….
I'll be blatant anything by David Foster Wallace or Johnathan Safran Foer. I dislike authors who spend time tell you just how cool they are by the tricks they use, rather than letting their writing stand on it's own.
10. I hate it when a book….
ends weakly, as if the author only really had a beginning and a middle but didn't know when to stop or goes off on some extra tangent that doesn't stay with the main theme.
The way this works is that I am suppose to tell others to do this, so I guess Trish, Amanda, Aunt Amanda and Sarah (you two can just give it to me).
Adirondack Dress in Autumn
9 years ago