We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Jun 19, 2007

SPC In Your Environment:Wetlands

My life right now seems to be a study of in betweens. We are still in Denver but I am planning for Vermont. I want to spend my time writing but mainly I have time for editing and outlining. Even my hair is in between, long enough to be on my neck but too short still for braids (I love braids).
So it seemed appropriate to take my picture while standing in an in between, a wetlands. This was taken at Pelican Pond which is in Erie Colorado (I think it's Erie). The day was so vibrant that I could see the pelicans clearly across the pond as they fished. I was lucky to see them as they are migratory birds who only stay for a few weeks in Colorado.

CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO ENLARGE

No comments: