We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Jun 25, 2007

57 days and it's hot hot hot

Just a quick note from the sauna. Sunday we spent 12 hours packing. I know 57 days is a while but we figure when the mood strikes us we can peck away at it. Anyway we took down all the books in the big room (picture really big while wall) and started in on the office. This means that we put a few things that we really need from the office in Alder's room. Of course that means the office is now the hottest room in the house.

Of course all of this coincides with high ninety degree days, so if my posts are a little erratic or short it's the heat I can't handle. (have I mentioned how much I hate the heat yeah for the cool days in Vermont)

On the Alder front he did something new today, I was putting away the markers from making invitations to his B'day party and he starts to pick some up and put them in the jar with me.

Out of desperation we went to Denver Fabrics this afternoon. They have air condtioning and lots of floor space for Alder to crawl around. I found a bunch of linen in the $1 lb bin, I walked out with a big bag of fabric for $2.30!!!

Sorry for the boring post.

No comments: