We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Nov 23, 2007

Busy busy busy

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was all I could have asked for family good food and great conversation. Of course I feel sort of guilty of exhausting my aunt for the few days prior with Alder (I forgot just how much energy he has).

The holiday started with the send off parade for the US Capital Christmas tree and ended with breakfast at the Creamery with my parents. There was snow, fog, rain, sunshine, and some amazing wind.

This week is busy we open the store next Saturday so I'm not sure how much writing I'll get in. However Travels in Paradise is up and running again with a new article and photo format, we stopped doing the gear reviews (none of us really cared about the stuff). Anyway, I have two articles up (Experiencing the Natural World with Kids & Camping on Hermit Island)and another one tomorrow. I'm going to try to post pictures on the store progress this week, sort of before pictures and after ones as well.


Papa and Alder at the Parade

The Capital Tree


Alder's First Snow of the Year

The Offical List
Cooking Ahead of Time

Alder Dancing in the Kitchen
And Rocking By the Fireplace
And Finally Playing With Aunt Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you had a very busy and fun holiday.

**toast** Here's to next week's grand opening :)