We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Mar 3, 2007

Sex Roles

We got back from our trip this afternoon and I've been busy since doing grocerie shopping and cooking. Writing that sentence is an uncomfortable one to write. If you didn't know Kevin and I you might think that it was some sex role thing but it isn't. It is Saturday which means that the stores will be really crowded and Kevin hates crowds so I offered to do the shopping while he and Alder stayed home (they did do laundry and put clothes away. As for the cooking I love to cook and Kevin did not feel like cooking so I did. Also I wanted to start my split pea soup. Kevin already has congee started for tomorrow.

No comments: