We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Jan 26, 2008

heading to New York, with a new bag

So I'm off to New York after work today for a few solo days in the city to relax and do some work. Given work means I have to go to a few museums and fabric stores as well as lots of other stores for gathering ideas. I assume that there will be many coffee stops along the way (New York can be really cold in the winter).

I think I have caught the bag bug, I needed a new bag to go to New York with so I spent a lot of time this week trying to design and make one. I'm not going to share some of the earlier versions yet. They were perfectly good bags, but not for me.

So this is what I came up with:





By the way thank you all for your suggestions about lining the bags. I tried some interfacing and fusible fleece and finally went with Amy Karol's idea from Bend the Rules Sewing to add a layer of flannel between the outer fabric and the lining. There are a few things I am going to change on the next one of these bags but I love mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your bag very much.I hope you have fun in NYC.we are thirty minutes away and it has been great weather,cold,but lovely.

Trish said...

i love the bag as well! i'm into the crazy quilting patches. i have to think of new things to send you since you are all over the bags! :)

amanda said...

Love the bag!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors, the fabric and how you criss-crossed the dots. Very beautiful.