We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Jan 19, 2007

Back in Denver

We're home!!! It's a nice feeling to be back. I didn't realize how much I missed Kevin until he left for clinic the day after we got home. I really like our little family unit and while I love my extended family a lot I am happy to have my own to come home to.

Alder was an easy baby for the flight. He cried the first ten minutes and then slept the rest of the 3 1/2 hours on the plane. My toes were a little numb by the time I woke him up but that's nothing.

Yesterday was a good reintroduction to Denver. Rather than sitting around the house brain dead we visited friends and went to the Botanical Gardens to hangout in the tropical rooms. It was freezing outside but we all regretted not wearing t-shirts at the gardens.

The trip was a little wearing on me, I slept 13 hours last night.

No comments: