We can attempt to teach the things that one might imagine the earth would teach us: silence, humility, holiness, connectedness, courtesy, beauty, celebration, giving, restoration, obligation and wildness.
David Orr from "Earth in Mind"

Sep 29, 2008

New York

On the Train
It was supposed to be a Zoo trip but the weather had other plans so we went to a children's museum on Saturday and wandered around town on Sunday. Every time I go to New York I ask myself if I could move back there. And for a while I think I could, except then I start to think about the stuff that I really value in our life and time and freedom are two of the most important things to me. In New York we would loose access to the natural world. But the biggest issue for me is the cost of the city. I know our financial situation has a lot of work needed. But if we were in the city we would have to be making even more money to just get by. I like the fact that even though we have a little way to go until we are stable, it isn't years away only a little while. New York would mean making too many changes to out life. But really in the end I am lucky, I can live here in Vermont and go visit when ever I want because of my family. I don't think I would want to change anything.

Water Play

Waiting for the Bus

Lunch

Too Cool

No comments: